Gadzooks! New forum software is installed

Don't like it. Another forum I was on switched and I seldom go back there.
Can't get back to the smae forum with out searching through the whole list and several other dislikes.
Stan

Very bottom of the page, left of the Contact Us, KnifeDogs.com, Forums etc. there is a dropdown. Night Vision is the BOMB!

Got it. Thanks. But the fact I couldn't find it easily is bothersome to me.
I like Grey, works much better for me. Dozier

ewww, I Dont care for the new look, and It takes what seems like forever to me to load the pages. Not my connection (8M down) and its defanately not my PC (quad core with 12G DDr3 ram). Load all other sites as soon as I click on something.

Last edited:
Got it. Thanks. But the fact I couldn't find it easily is bothersome to me.
I like Grey, works much better for me. Dozier

I think that when you asked, BossDog hadn't set up any other skins, so there may not have had anything there. It's the same spot that it was on the previous version.

I don't think all posts are coming up on "whats new" or "new posts"?

I posted to the KITH pic thread and it shows up there but not as new post.

Whats new is my first stop , wonder what else is missing?

Posted pics in the Gallery, but they didn't show up . Said the mods had to approve so don't want to re-post.

I like the grey skin :D

I am not digging this new "upgrade" where is the link to "User CP"

User CP is now Settings in the upper right.

Wow, I just logged on (after numerous tries) and found this staring at me. Totally different and sort of hard to navigate and understand. But I'm sure that after 3 or 4 months of getting used to it I still won't like it.

Probably. Everything is still here and 90% is exactly like it was before.

ewww, I Dont care for the new look, and It takes what seems like forever to me to load the pages. Not my connection (8M down) and its defanately not my PC (quad core with 12G DDr3 ram). Load all other sites as soon as I click on something.

There is something hitting us on performance. I haven't had a chance to look under the hood and try to speed things up yet.

I don't think all posts are coming up on "whats new" or "new posts"?
I posted to the KITH pic thread and it shows up there but not as new post.
Whats new is my first stop , wonder what else is missing?
Posted pics in the Gallery, but they didn't show up . Said the mods had to approve so don't want to re-post.
I like the grey skin :D

There are several switches under the hood around What's New. They may not be set like the last version so they will act a little different. I will have a look but it's not like I understood a lot of the settings on the last version either.

We will stay the course here and get this version set up to be better than the last.

I like the night vision too. There is a lot of info to take in at once on this format. I think that is what is throwing everyone off. I would encourage you guys to give it a chance and let Tracy work out all the bugs. We still have the same forum and same awesome members. That is why I'm here anyway:). So just take a deep breath fellas.;)
-John

Got a question...is there anyway to "lock" down the color theme once you have chosen one at the bottom of your Profile page, or do you just have to "redo" it everytime you log on?

This software has quite a bit more layout control under the hood than the last version. I have turned on the sidebar (to your left) and just put in some random images from the gallery and new posts. We will work with this to get a bit more useful information. You can always stow it away or bring it back by clicking the chevrons.

Ah, the chevrons help. Good tip Tracy. That makes it easier for me to navigate. Thanks buddy.
-John

I almost think it was worth the switch to this new layout just for the nightvision skin. I liked when we had the old layout with the custom skin you made, but when that went away, and this comes along now, I'm pumped!

I think I have that problem at work. Sure felt like it, but then much hunting at home found a way to make things work so I'm not sure.
Home is Windows Firefox, work is Linux Firefox so there may be a real difference.

Just tested it again at work (Linux, Firefox 3.6.1pre). Log in appears to succeed but returns me to an un-logged-in page.
If this continues it looks like I won't be checking this forum as often any more.

Just tested it again at work (Linux, Firefox 3.6.1pre). Log in appears to succeed but returns me to an un-logged-in page.
If this continues it looks like I won't be checking this forum as often any more.

I've not had that problem at all. Did you check the box to keep you logged in. Sometimes this is a problem with your cookies being enabled. I don't think this is a VBulletin problem.
-John

I think the logon thing is the user's computer. I have a laptop and a desktop. The laptop is the first computer I used to logon after the change. EVERY time I come to the forum I am logged on and things are good to go. HOWEVER, every time I visit with the desktop (without logging off the laptop as I have always done in the past) I have to log on but it acts funny. Says I am logged on but takes me back to the log on page. But I am actually logged on, just can't tell. Kinda weird but I am sure it will get figured out eventually.

Other than understanding the icons for the messages (some new messages are colored and others are not) I like what is happening here. There will be some problems but eventually we will all get comfortable with it. Hopefully it will not take long but it sure won't chase me away.

I leave for 4 days and come back to new digs!

The upgrade rocks Tracy! I like it.

Back