hello from Michigan

T

torqueman

Hi all. Just thought I would check in the forum here. I am a motorcyclist and computer nerd. My big reason for coming here was I have just completed the no weld grinder and need to upgrade the little motor I was using for testing to something real. I thought I would do some reading and see what others have done. I hope to make a few knifes for my own enjoyment and to give to some family and friends. And if I can't I have a great belt grinder out of the deal. :D

Be careful it is addictive once you start. Family, friends and then people wanting to pay you to make them one. Then it is all over. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the pack! You can always find someone to help you out with what you need to know here. Great group of guys and gals.

welcome to KD...
ebay has had some pretty good deals on motors lately but you have to be patient. Some of them get into bidding wars and with shipping get way over priced in a hurry.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have checked ebay and there are no great deals there at this moment. I will check with a local shop and see if they have any used ones reasonable. After reading some here I have a better idea of the issues involved. I don't want to spend the money to get 220 to my shop area so I will go for a 110.

Back