How About A Bruce Bump Blade Gallery

Heres number 028 slipjoint. This one with yellowing Westinghouse micarta. "Ol Yeller"

slippie28006.jpg

slippie28004.jpg

slippie28003.jpg

slippie28002.jpg

...and all this time I thought 'old yeller was my wifes nickname....
Just Kidding of course, Great work as usual from Bruce.

there should be a level higher than Master Smith.

Oh man. I LOVE carbon fiber on slipjoints. And wood and stag and ivory and micarta...
#29 is a beauty. What's the blade steel?

Hey Ben,
Thanks man, the steel is Sandvik 13C26 stainless HT'ed by Paul Bos while he was still at Buck. This carbon fiber is made in England by one of my customers. He sent me some to play with, extremely wear resistant stuff. I buffed the snot out of it and its still perfectly flush with the bolsters and shields. I bet it will last forever.
Oh man. I LOVE carbon fiber on slipjoints. And wood and stag and ivory and micarta...
#29 is a beauty. What's the blade steel?

Great knife Bruce, but as a carpenter at heart, those steel clad doors made my heart skip a beat. Very original and very safe and durable.
Loving all your work.
Jim

Hey Jim,
They go with the other door and the bars in the windows too but I agree they may be just a little overkill for a shop. hehe, next I'm building a set of iron gates for the driveway.
Great knife Bruce, but as a carpenter at heart, those steel clad doors made my heart skip a beat. Very original and very safe and durable.
Loving all your work.
Jim

Bruce your pictures are getting better and better, much like the knives. Congratulations again on a job well done.
Jim

Hey Jim,
They go with the other door and the bars in the windows too but I agree they may be just a little overkill for a shop. hehe, next I'm building a set of iron gates for the driveway.

Bruce, I think these doors go back to your old stomping grounds, the prison. I hear you can take the man out of prison but not the prison out of the man. They look like a pathway to a time machine. I'm not going to tell you how great your knives are.

Ray, I will: Bruce, your knives are freakin GREAT! but I really dig the shop doors too. I need to keep a closer eye on this thread don't I? :)

Raymond, You might be right, that may explain the razor wire on my new iron gate, hehe
Bruce, I think these doors go back to your old stomping grounds, the prison. I hear you can take the man out of prison but not the prison out of the man. They look like a pathway to a time machine. I'm not going to tell you how great your knives are.

Back