Introduction : David Roeder

David Roeder

Greetings from the desert of the Great North West !

My name is David Roeder. Custom knifemaker since 1996 forging all my own steel and Damascus. I make fixed blade knives mostly, but on rare occasion a friction folder here and there.

I also operate an armed security firm called Benton Franklin Security.

January of 2014 I hope to complete my Journeyman Smith rating. It's been a long road for me in knifemaking but a good and educational one.
I like Bowies and skinners mostly, but also do enjoy a challenge now and then. My shop is always open to people with questions, or interested in shop talk. I hope to get to know some of you here, so don't be a stranger !

Have a great day everyone !

David,
Welcome to the pack here at KD's
My road in knife making started in 98. You would be surprised at how many people aren't aware that there is desert up there! Its not all forest. I wish you the best with your test coming up.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Welcome to the pack David. For the record, you're not allowed to put teaser pics of a Japanese sword in your hand in your profile pic without showing detail pics of the sword.

Welcome to the dog pack David,

I've known David for several years and have heard good stories about his hand forging. He came here for a day and passed his ABS Journeyman performance tests. Next year he plans to display at the Blade Show and present his 5 knives for his Journeyman Judging.

David, please show some of your work in the "Custom Knife" forum.
Bruce

Back