Its Almost 2015 What are you happy about fellow Dogster's?

rhinoknives

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!Its almost 2015!

I'M HAPPY BECAUSE, WELL I'M JUST HAPPY THAT WE CLOSE THE BOOK ON ANOTHER YEAR AND KICK OFF ANOTHER YEAR OF KNIFE MAKING, SHARPENING AND MOST IMPORTANT!

LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS!
:35:

SO FELLOW DOGSTERS AND DOGETTES, WHAT SAY YOU ABOUT THIS HAPPY NEW YEAR WE ARE EMBARKING ON?

Well, I for one am really looking forward to the New Year. 2014 was a whirlwind of a year, and I'm glad to have it behind me. 2015 has so much promise for me personally, and I am very eager to see where knife making takes me this year. I want to wish all you Dogs a great 2015 in what every you persue.
Happy New Year.

As it relates to Knifemaking, I'm happy I got elected to The Knifemakers Guild board of directors and that we are putting on the International Custom Cutlery Exposition in Kansas City in 2015.

I am very happy to be a part of this forum! I "lernt" a bunch this year and brought my knife making up a couple of notches, thanks to you Dogs! And I get a knee replacement this coming year. I am most happy about my wife supporting me and NOT kicking me to the curb! LOL!

Jim,
I had a few whirlwinds myself with surgeries on my wrist, elbow from Carpal Tunnel to a compression, bulged disk in my neck which I still to have fixed! LOL

I wanted able to grind very much for a few months and a few other fun things, but with the love of my lovely wife and a few friends and family here I endured and have been able to pick back up the pace with new opportunities opening up! God Bless America!

Calvin,
My Friend! I've seen the start and evolution of your cool little folders you have been making since I started hanging out at KD's a few years back and your awards and then posts you have taken promoting knife making in your neck of the woods and now helping with a international show! That is wonderful!

Slatroni,
Its great to see new blood around here and I've seen your progress in 2014 and wish you the best in 2015. It seems us knife makers find the best women that love and support us in a tough trade.

Laurence, you're right about knife makers having some good women. And I've got me a great one! Best to you in the coming year.

2013 went fast...2014 went faster. Whew, what a year. When I first got into knife making, I wanted to do everything. And then I hit reality... This year I am going to finish up all the old projects (this is a yearly resolution that somehow never gets done) , and not start anything else that requires a new learning curve. I'm going to stick to what I can do now and those areas that are FUN for me to do with my current abilities. Like making miniatures...

My motto for the coming year--- If it isn't fun, don't do it.

It has been 2 years since I left my corporate day job to work in the knife business full time. It took 6 years to make the move. I had a full time day job in retail and full time night job building & running our knife supply business. I worked on building the business specifically to quit the big retailer I worked for to work for myself. I also took a big cut in pay but couldn't be happier with that decision.
These last two years have been fantastic. I get to work with knife guys and they are all pretty cool dudes. I have some great employees that care about doing the right thing that I also enjoy working with. I hope my good luck continues and I am looking forward to new knife projects in 2015...

I hope you guys all do fantastic in 2015...

Bossdog,
Thanks for chiming in! I also have made more in other industries but I wasn't nearly as happy!

We are all glad for your success and wish you and everyone here a Great new year.

My new motto is it Thrive in one five!:happy:

Well guys I have 2 years into the knife making learning curve , my wife is sure that just beyond the door into my shop is a giant black hole that sucks in money but I have assured her the shop is almost there . I looking forward in 2015 to refine skills learned and to add new ones. In March I will have complete shoulder replacement and then on to my ultimate goal of forging which I understand requires two arms.

Happy New Years to ya all!

2014 was a blurrrrrr. I spent most of the year working full time as a knife maker and part time as a home remodeler, painter, drywall guy, plumber and electrician. floor installer, decorator, and landscaper. just to name a few. But the end result was worth the effort.

We moved into our house mid Sep. and I finished and moved all the tools and stuff into the new shop the beginning of Nov. What a huge process. Just under a year from start to moving in. Remind me to never do that again. :D

I am excited about the new year, and looking forward to the adventures of Knifemaking 2015! Set a few new goals for myself.
Like Teddy. I have few rules. The main one is HAVE FUN. Then, treat each other right. work smart, not hard. And oh yea. HAVE FUN!!!!! :D

Blessings in 2015
Randy

2015 is going to be busy! We have a baby due at the end of the month! For knifemaking this year I want to keep improving and learning as mm uch as possible.

Heya Laurence. The new year brings thoughts of what I 'didn't' do in 2014. One of those things was thanking you for the EXCELLENT job you did on sharpening my scissors and knife. Your work is to be applauded. Teddy

Hello Teddy,
No problem, Anytime you need those shop scissors and blades sharpened the US mail works most of the time. :3:

Happy new year to you and the Mrs.

So Justin,
You are going to be a proud Papa! Congrats!

Randy,
I remember when you bought the place and am so happy for you and your family that you are moved in to your new diggs!

Well guys I have 2 years into the knife making learning curve , my wife is sure that just beyond the door into my shop is a giant black hole that sucks in money but I have assured her the shop is almost there . I looking forward in 2015 to refine skills learned and to add new ones. In March I will have complete shoulder replacement and then on to my ultimate goal of forging which I understand requires two arms.

Fred,
You will be gather steam here in your skill and just focus on making each one better than the less and you will go far!

Ebbtibe,
We are all glad to have you and hope we can help you as much as those that came before us shared so willing with us.

I am extremely thankful for finding this forum after getting the making bug. Everyone has done nothing but help me become a better knife maker. I have had a rocky past year and am looking forward to a new year with a new found hobby and learning how to turn it into a productive trade. Other than a couple of gents in this thread who I havent gotten to know on here yet all have done so much to guide me from the slap together a cobbled junk knife to focus on making the actual effort to make a knife. HHH, rhinoknives,bossdog, all have offered a little bit of info to alot of how to improve and not look for the easy way out. Slatroni has taken time to help me come down from the tirade of my pity party temper tantrum. Smithy has been kind enough to share some of his scales. Jim, calvin, Ebbtide and, Fred I believe you gents have atleast given some small feedback as to a looks good or keep at it. I am most wide eyed as to the possibilities that can be accomplished with steel fire oil and sand to form a work of art that can be used or admired in a case. Lastly and most of all am thankful for a wife who puts up with my noisy smelly hobby (at this moment) and despite the constant nickel and dime little purchases still helps me budget to improve the quality of knives and my tools to make them.

Back