Kentucky Knifemakers

I have tried a couple of time over the last few years to somehow organize Kentucky knifemakers in some mutually beneficial manner. There has been some intrest but when it comes to finding a time and place for everyone to get together, it falls apart.

I set up a website and offered free webpages in an attempt to create a central directory of Kentucky knifemakers but only about 15% of the knifemakers I identified took advantage of it. After the first year, I decided to charge the outrageous price of $10. I barely had enough interest to pay for the hosting and domain name. When it expires in January, I am going to let it die.

I would still like to see some kind of gathering or hammer-in but someone else will have to take the lead in organizing it. I am already actively involved in two other organizations besides making knives and no longer have the time to pull it together.

I've tried to do the same thing in Indiana. We had our first meeting today. Had a bunch... 3 people showed up. Enjoyed talking to those. Not going to give up. I believe there is interest out there just got to get it going.

I thought Kentucky had a knife maker group already formed?? I live in southern Indiana and if it's not too far I would like to attend, I'm from Hopkinsville originally, but been in Indiana for along time.

Back