Most of the time I don't mind

C Craft

Most of the time I don't mind the pop-ups that open with the site. However there is this one pop-up when I first open KD! It's got a picture of this girl that reminds me of Heather Locklear and it always says you have a friend request 1.8 mi. from my location!

I usually never give a second thought and go right on about my business and a different pop-up opens up! How ever the other day I am going to show my wife somthing on the site (which she is not a big knife fan, only tolerates it because she still loves me) :31: anyway KD opens and here is the girl and she is sending a friend request and she is still 1.8 mi. from me......................................

Well I won't say after 35 ysrs my wife still is not the jealous type:eek: .............no I wouldn't say that.:55:

Anyway after a lengthy conversation about NO I don't know who she is nor do I care who she is. I proceeded to show her that the damn thing is there every time I open this site.

So I shut down the site and reopened it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and she's not there this time, there is a different pop-up! Honest baby the the damn thing is there every time I open the site. So I shut down the PC and reboot, open the site and.....................she's back. Seeeeee I told her.

That pop-up has got to go,:p I say!:biggrin:

LOL Too Funny!
Yes those dating site/scam? Popups always happen at the wrong time!

Saying my wife is the Jealous type it the worlds biggest understatement!:big grin:
My wife STILL Loves me too! and that goes for everything! lol.

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com

Most of the time I don't mind the pop-ups that open with the site. However there is this one pop-up when I first open KD! It's got a picture of this girl that reminds me of Heather Locklear and it always says you have a friend request 1.8 mi. from my location!

I usually never give a second thought and go right on about my business and a different pop-up opens up! How ever the other day I am going to show my wife somthing on the site (which she is not a big knife fan, only tolerates it because she still loves me) :31: anyway KD opens and here is the girl and she is sending a friend request and she is still 1.8 mi. from me......................................

Well I won't say after 35 ysrs my wife still is not the jealous type:eek: .............no I wouldn't say that.:55:

Anyway after a lengthy conversation about NO I don't know who she is nor do I care who she is. I proceeded to show her that the damn thing is there every time I open this site.

So I shut down the site and reopened it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and she's not there this time, there is a different pop-up! Honest baby the the damn thing is there every time I open the site. So I shut down the PC and reboot, open the site and.....................she's back. Seeeeee I told her.

That pop-up has got to go,:p I say!:biggrin:

C Craft, I actually paid for the KnifeMaker membership in hopes that the pop-ups would go away for nearly the same reason as you... no luck though.

Part of what pays the server, software and support expenses here is google ads. Dating services are huge and use google ads a lot so these tend to show up often. We do not want any ads that are more than G rated period, but let's be realistic also. A pretty girl in a a banner ad Is going to get more clicks no matter where you go and that includes G rated ads so you will see pretty girls fairly often.

I have banned several dozen provactivie banner ads and will ban any ad that is racier than G rated. If you see a banner ad that is racier than G rated let me know and I will block it. I will need the URL address and I will block it, no problem.

BossDog,
I don't think anyone was offended here. Just a little amused as to how fast this pretty young lady can move around and be 1.8 miles away from so many of us?

I did report a non-G rated picture on here last week or so ago? You got rid of it Pronto!

Laurence

www.westsidesharpening.com/

Hey look this was intended as tongue in cheek humor! I am not looking to get this banned, as I know it's stuff like this that pays the bills. The discussion between me and the wife did really happen though. Although I don't think she was really serious, :les:at least I don't think so!:what!::biggrin:

Those kind of pop ups seem to be more the norm than not these days! Sheeeez what ever happened to meeting a girl the ole fashioned way, "they all get prettier at closing time"!:eek: Makes me glad I ain't single no mmmmmore!:biggrin::biggrin: In fact there is a lot of things out there these days that make me glad I ain't single no more!:31:

Craft,
Most couples meet that way now days. I met my wife on line a bit over two years ago!
It was a first marriage for us both.

I guess you had much better long term results with the closing time gals?
Besides I didn't hear well enough by the time I was 40 to put up with those loud watering holes. :confused2:

She is a school teacher and Pretty, Sweet & funny and neither of us had kids.

I was 51 and she a few younger and she really liked that I had my own biz making knives.

I have gained 25 pounds and she say's I look Happy and off the market!
And I am!:happy: My Pretty brides name is Cecilia.
1.jpg

August 13th 2010

I am one HAPPY Man from a dating site.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

OK, understood. I thought there was a concern so I was concerned.
we aim to take care of bidness here...

carry on dogs..
t

LOL, too funny.
I've gotten to the point where I don't even notice the 1.8 mile cutie, but I was a bit concerned at first that she'd make her friend request in person with the queen here.
Last week I clicked on my profile page to show a freind some knives...right across the bottom of the page was an add for a dating site with men's pictures. My freind immediately commented, " when you get bored with knives, do you call them ?" I had a laughing fit over that one. It pays the bills and hopefully keeps our rates down.

Rudy

Hey guys that is my girl I was gonna answer her tonight and I find out she is running around on me sending all you dogs a note. Wait till I see her I am gonna set her straight.
And I trusted her all the way to the bank.

Guys let me throw you a real funny story out here. My wife used to work with a lady and this lady had a daughter that worked on one of these 1-900 sites. I got to meet the daughter at some get together my wife's work had for the office employees and family.
Anyways............ my wife introduced her and her mother to me at this office get together. She was a real nice person but believe me when I say she did not look the part of a 1-900 type,..........till she spoke to me............ in that deep sexy voice, and I had to look at my wife and say, if they only knew who they were talking too on the other end!:what!:
Now guys I am not shallow Hal here, but it has long been said that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but then again, it is hard to read a book with an ugly cover!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is the part where you close your eyes and pony up the dough for a phone call, and when she says hello in the deep sexy voice,..............just keep your eyes closed...........:35::3::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Now guys I am not shallow Hal here, but it has long been said that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but then again, it is hard to read a book with an ugly cover!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is the part where you close your eyes and pony up the dough for a phone call, and when she says hello in the deep sexy voice,..............just keep your eyes closed...........:35::3::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:s12137:

Back