My new Claude Scott sheath

Scott nice job. I have done a few with that design and its hard to keep the circle round and in line.. KT

Just checked to see some new sheaths.
Great work Claude, I like em all. That's a cool round knife Bruce made.

Great seeing you at the leather show Claude. I meet a guy right after talking to you that had the most fantastic kangaroo braid work I've ever seen. His string was very fine and I had to use mag. glass to really see the work. He helped me with the choice of some roo hide I've never used.
Can't wait to see how it works on some knots. RS

Heres another one from Claude. This is the Doctors Bowie I did a WIP last month.
Love this sheath.

7d745ded-38db-4656-889e-f66794b406ab_zpsfd14fbb3.jpg

IMG_3771_zps543d6543.jpg

I made a basic skinner for a local hunter and asked Claude to tone it down a bit. The price was less but the quality remained very high.

IMG_3816_zps5cb0b7dc.jpg

IMG_3814_zps458bc043.jpg

IMG_3813_zps5afa3048.jpg

IMG_3811_zps2181e2c5.jpg

Last edited:
I like that stamp lay-out getting a lot of mileage out of one simple stamp. Pin placement on the knife is simple and effective also.

Here is a couple new ones given at Christmas

IMG_3888_zpsf2637300.jpg

And a trio of Leatherman pouches done in the Claude Scott style

IMG_3890_zps57b06c32-1.jpg

Wow, another great set!

So here's a stupid question, lol, I guess that with a lined sheath, it's impossible to wet form it...correct?

I've made a bunch of holsters for SASS folks and I lined them with vegitan leather and I've soaked the holsters for forming it around the pistols and it worked great. I assume it would work fine with knife sheaths.....

This is one of my favorite bowie sheaths. It fits the guard perfectly and has a shelf inside so the guard doesn't scratch the belt loop.

IMG_3995_zps8ba6cf13.jpg

IMG_3994_zps353638a5.jpg

That's a great looking package. I really like a sheath that highlights a blade and that one does it well. The fit on the guard looks perfect also.
Love that knife. RS

Seeing such high quality workmanship always makes me wish my hands would do what my brain wants them to, lol.

Thanks Robin. Just got back from a visit to Texas to see Paul Long. Had a great time and what hospitality went over sheath making and efficiency in the shop Thanks Paul.

Nice leather work ! I do like the roll top feature in his sheaths. It gives it the finished look it needs. My next trip over there I should look him up and pick his brain a little. Mite help with my sheath making some, as does you with my knife quality. Always learning something useful and always striving to reach your level. Thanks Bruce !

Another Beauty from Claude

My second attempt at knife making beautifully encased in a left-hand crossdraw sheath.

DSC05780_zpsbfccf02e.jpg

DSC05785_zpsdb4bb773.jpg

Nice knife and sheath Roger. Is this the first knife on your hand crafted wooden grinder?

Yeah, Bruce, this is the first one I've done on my contraption. I'm pleased with both the grinder and the knife. I'll try to get a couple decent pictures of the knife and post them here. ...somewhere...

Back