New Knife Making TV show on History Channel this fall....

They're talking about airing the show around the end of June. Fingers crossed. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Congratulations, T!! Can't wait to see you on the Big screen

That sucks, Bubbasan. hope your felling better

To my good friend Bubba-San, Hang in there buddy! You have a couple of Months to rest up? Stay in touch with them for the actual filming deadline.

I worked with the left field gang in Vegas just briefly went I was in a segment of Pawn Stars. They are very nice people.

Looking forward to watching the show.

Bubba-San; nope, it wasn't me that sent you the original link.

That was be so impressive to build a blade from Tamahagane steel. Where would you acquire the steel? Will you have to order from Japan? You would forge the blade? I read your stuff and am so impressed.... Shucks, here I go getting off topic. We'll all Pray you have a good period so you could produce a blade for the show with Tamahagane steel. That would be so appropriate.

Ken H>

Your right chef Ramsey is a turkey . bouk bouk bouk

Bubba,
"chef" Ramsey can ONLY operate in an environment where he is the 'supreme being', if he talked to me the way he does those on
his show, I'd slap him so hard and fast it would sound like an applause!!!!

He's a Bully to those around him that he thinks are inferior or not up to his "STANDARDS"!
Keep in mind those are people that NEED him! I have often thought about how he would act in a situation where he was NOT
the one in charge, or if he rolled up on a couple of "RED-NECKS" that didn't give a flip about who he thinks he is!
I only hope he acts that way for T.V.! I hope it is more of a character he plays than his real personality, because if he acts like that
all the time, he probably needs to stay away from ALABAMA! People here tend to give respect first, EXPECTING the same back!
If he didn't give the same back, no matter who they/he is, while the famous thing might be big in a lot of places, it's not a big thing to us!
AND if his fame did affect a few people it would wear off quickly!
I think the beat down he would receive would be EPIC!

I'm looking forward to this show as well, I only hope they have REAL knife makers, those that are Ambassadors of the craft! I truly hope they
don't ask makers that specialize in Kitchen knives, to make a Japanese Sword! Or someone that primarily makes art folders to
hand forge a Bowie! I know there are guys that can do it, some can do several different disciplines very well. But, those are the exception not
the rule, stock removal makers tend to stick to that, while those that forge, tend to minimize the amount of grinding they have to do.
I think the one thing we will all witness with this show, is that there are many different ways to make a knife, these guys will show
the best way that they make a knife (or sword)!

I am looking forward to it, and if it is done correctly, it will be huge for all of us! If it is the right kind of publicity for us, we will all
benefit! I only hope they're not stuck on one kind of knife, or one type of maker. So the information can get out there that good quality hand made knives come in at many different price points, depending on the Maker and materials! That can still be heirloom quality, that can be passed done through the generations!
Hoping for the Best! Rex

I too am looking forward to this show. Our own David Roader is one of the contestants although he won't, can't tell us much. I have him on my Facebook :)
I think I had a chance to be on it too but deleted the email. Just as well I doubt I could take the travel and pressure those guys are under. This is going to be a wonderful thing for all of us makers, suppliers and collectors alike.

I was watching Texas Rising and saw a commercial for the "Forged in Fire" series. It will air June 22nd at 10PM, looks very cool from what I can tell. Real knives being made in a forge/shop setting. Pretty awesome.

Peter

Nice, I was wondering when it would start. Too bad I only have the french history channel "hystoria" where it won't air untill 2017 and with horrible voice-overs. I hope I'll find some way to find it online easily!

Bubba,
"chef" Ramsey can ONLY operate in an environment where he is the 'supreme being', if he talked to me the way he does those on
his show, I'd slap him so hard and fast it would sound like an applause!!!!

He's a Bully to those around him that he thinks are inferior or not up to his "STANDARDS"!
Keep in mind those are people that NEED him! I have often thought about how he would act in a situation where he was NOT
the one in charge, or if he rolled up on a couple of "RED-NECKS" that didn't give a flip about who he thinks he is!
I only hope he acts that way for T.V.! I hope it is more of a character he plays than his real personality, because if he acts like that
all the time, he probably needs to stay away from ALABAMA! People here tend to give respect first, EXPECTING the same back!
If he didn't give the same back, no matter who they/he is, while the famous thing might be big in a lot of places, it's not a big thing to us!
AND if his fame did affect a few people it would wear off quickly!
I think the beat down he would receive would be EPIC!

I'm looking forward to this show as well, I only hope they have REAL knife makers, those that are Ambassadors of the craft! I truly hope they
don't ask makers that specialize in Kitchen knives, to make a Japanese Sword! Or someone that primarily makes art folders to
hand forge a Bowie! I know there are guys that can do it, some can do several different disciplines very well. But, those are the exception not
the rule, stock removal makers tend to stick to that, while those that forge, tend to minimize the amount of grinding they have to do.
I think the one thing we will all witness with this show, is that there are many different ways to make a knife, these guys will show
the best way that they make a knife (or sword)!

I am looking forward to it, and if it is done correctly, it will be huge for all of us! If it is the right kind of publicity for us, we will all
benefit! I only hope they're not stuck on one kind of knife, or one type of maker. So the information can get out there that good quality hand made knives come in at many different price points, depending on the Maker and materials! That can still be heirloom quality, that can be passed done through the generations!
Hoping for the Best! Rex

Hey Rex hows it goin ? It was my understanding when I interviewed for show that there would be specialty, makers and makers who can make several kinds of blades . In other words some makers may have to make more than 1 kind of knife . I picked the Japanese sword as my specialty and a bowie to be my fallback choice . During the interview she had me show some of my best work. I don't remember all the details about show. I can't say too much more because of agreement. Some criteria may have changed in the forging competition. Not sure ?

I am anxious to see what I missed . Maybe next time .. I am feeling better everyday . Thank God.

Bubba

Back