Niagara Specialty Metals

Frank Cox

Good Morning,

I am Frank Cox, I worked for Crucible Specialty Metals for 20 years. With Crucible's bankruptcy, I went to work for Niagara Specialty Metals in Dec. 2009. Niagara is the sheet rolling mill that has always rolled the Knife steel grades for Crucible. The good news is the Crucible mill in Syracuse was bought out of bankruptcy, and is now called Crucible Industries and they have licensed Niagara to sell all the knife steel grades like 154CM, CPM 154, CPM S30V, 440C, D2, CPM 3V, CPM M4, and the brand "New" CPM S35VN which we will launch at Shot Show. More info to follow.

Frank Cox

Welcome to the pack and keep us informed. I just talked to Crucible this morning, Scott was out but I was checking out the time frame on some new CPM154. Mine is running very low.

Many of you know Scott Devanna, he was my co-worker and one of my best friends at Crucible. Scott came with me to Niagara, but then The Crucible Warehouse/Distributions part of the company was bought as well by a company called SB Dsitribution, and Scott returned to them starting Jan 1.
Niagara is currently working out a distribution arrangement with Scott so that he can stock and cut and grind all the Niagara made knife steels. I will keep you all posted on this as we work this out.

Frank

Hey there Frank,
That is good news! I am glad we will still be able to get these high grade steels. I know a lot of us would be lost with out CPM 154 and CPM s30v, and I can't wait to try some of the newCPM s35vn. Keep us updated if ya don'nt mind. Thanks, Shane

Hello Frank.
Glad to have you here. Feel free to post updates on NSM as you work this transition out. We are all pleased to see the great Crucible steels continue to be made available.
T

Hi Frank
hello there

Welcome to the pack!!

Thanks for the great info, and please feel free to keep us up to date on the Crucible saga.;)

Back