Official KITH knife photo thread

I just wanted to add to my knife pics that I had to make a new sheath (the leather I had was chrome tanned) but I finished that last night. And I still am waiting to my stencil to arrive so I can mark the blade. So depending on when I get my stencil, I may not have it ready in time. (Ernie said he was going to plan on mailing it on Tuesday the 6th)

My knife and sheath are done I am going on Vacation tomorrow I more than likely wont be on p/c until Wed so let me know who to send it to and I will ship it when I get back.
Thanks Anthony

Hey Dogs,
We seem to have a few knives still in progress and so I am extending the deadline a bit until midnight on the 30th. the drawing will be held on the 31st when I haul my lazy bones out of bed.
Thanks,
Del

Sounds reasonable to me, Del. I know I pushed the deadline a bit myself. I'm gettin' nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs about sending mine out... :eek: Next one will be better, I promise!

Sounds reasonable to me, Del. I know I pushed the deadline a bit myself. I'm gettin' nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs about sending mine out... :eek: Next one will be better, I promise!

Hey James,your knife looks great.2thumbs
I think they all look great.

God bless,Keith

If I have to look at this knife much longer, I will scrap it and start over. :p

Paul

Sigh. Okay, I am game. What does "Knife In The Hat" mean?

I believe it was an old tradition where makers would put their knives into a hat and each would pull a different knife out or something as an exchange. Instead of that, names will be drawn and the knives will be mailed to the recipients.

That's exactly how I feel! I keep looking at my blade trying to decide if I should do any more to it and I keep having to stop myself before I screw it up!

I believe it was an old tradition where makers would put their knives into a hat and each would pull a different knife out or something as an exchange. Instead of that, names will be drawn and the knives will be mailed to the recipients.

Thanks for the clarification, Mike! 2thumbs

Thanks for the extra time Del. I have the knife ready but haven't had a chance to photograph it and it needs a sheath. Both will be done this weekend after I process almost 20 meat chickens.

Pat

That's exactly how I feel! I keep looking at my blade trying to decide if I should do any more to it and I keep having to stop myself before I screw it up!
If I have to look at this knife much longer, I will scrap it and start over. :p

Heh, you're not the only ones! I literally wrapped mine up and put it in the cabinet to prevent me from messing with it anymore. :eek: :D

I'm not a knife maker yet, but I have created a few other things. One of the hardest things for many of us to do is to stop. I'm currently trying to help my daughter learn when a drawing is finished. It's hard for her to stop since she always has another idea to "make it better."

It's hard to stop. I hope you find a way to box up your knife, seal the box, and wait for the address to put on the box in a few weeks.

Back