USA Driving Licences

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not have "long haul" anything here, we are a small island, lol

We do have some lovely longish mini busses hough

I noticed when I went to the bahamas the taxis there seem to operate in a world of their own often passing people in ditches and on shoulders.

Robert, as far as what you can post here is up to the moderators. This is, after all, the Dog Run and doesn't absolutely have to deal with knife making topics. You have, inadvertently I'm sure, stepped on a few toes. We're hardly a perfect country. I live in Illinois and we're definitely in the running for sending the most governors from the governor's mansion to state prison and we went more than two years once without a state budget because of a battle between the governor and the General Assembly. However, as imperfect as it is, it's home and I'm rather fond of it.

Doug

You mention taxis,
Here in London England, IMO they are brilliant, clean, not smelly and the drivers have a wealth of information to help us from outside the capital.
In Coventry they are awful and run by mostly Pakistanis, the language is a problem, I cannot understand how they get a licence.

I LOVE AMERICA.
No, you don't.
When you visited here, you were afforded courtesy and respect (deserved or not). Yet, you come into an open forum with an agenda to belittle, demean and insult deliberately. THAT is not 'debating' by any civilized, acceptable standard, and, it is not the mark of a gentleman. It is simply the mark of an internet troll espousing hatred and bigotry, thinly disguised as discussion .
I find it hard to imagine a 76 year old with your self-professed worldly experience to be as petty, immature and mean-spirited as you have presented yourself.
You do yourself no good service with this, nor do you bring honor to/on your country.

I noticed when I went to the bahamas the taxis there seem to operate in a world of their own often passing people in ditches and on shoulders.
Chris - those folks in Bahamas have the problem of driving on the "wrong" side of road making it hard to be safe {grinning}. I've lived in the Bahamas a couple of times ('88 & '99). I didn't find their driving all that bad. Once I got on the road trying to stay on "wrong" side of road somebody might have to take to the ditch :).

If you want to see some really "interesting" driving go to Central America. I lived in Guatemala for well over a yr ( Dec '90- April '92) and boy that's an experience. For a real "thrill" ride get in a bus and sit in front seat so you can really see what the driver is doing. Brazil folks are pretty aggressive drivers also. For some reason all the countries South of USA/Mexico boarder are real "daredevil" drivers.

No, you don't.
When you visited here, you were afforded courtesy and respect (deserved or not). Yet, you come into an open forum with an agenda to belittle, demean and insult deliberately. THAT is not 'debating' by any civilized, acceptable standard, and, it is not the mark of a gentleman. It is simply the mark of an internet troll espousing hatred and bigotry, thinly disguised as discussion .
I find it hard to imagine a 76 year old with your self-professed worldly experience to be as petty, immature and mean-spirited as you have presented yourself.
You do yourself no good service with this, nor do you bring honor to/on your country.

I LOVE AMERICA.

I think we have explored this enough.
A reminder, it is not OK to personalize here.
t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back