"W"s from Walla Walla

Fantastic pattern! Looks like a winner. One of the best feathers I have seen. Great job Bruce can't wait to see it all together.

I really like how that one turned out.

It makes me really want to work on my press so I can start playing with that pattern.

Thanks for sharing!

Jamie

Thank you, Bruce. Those children in Jamaica who are swinging happily in their new playground equipment don't know that you make a lot of people happy here, too.

WOW what a sweet looking pattern. I just got back to town and had to catch-up with the latest episodes on channel "Bruce". Now, if only a scrap of that billet could fall into the middle of my "slippie"... ;)
Thanks Bruce!
Roger

Thanks much Gents! I think this is the best feather for me yet. The really cool thing is I have enough of this pattern for about 3 or 4 more knives. Whoo Hoo.

Hi B

that is a really fine knife.. !!
thank you for showing.. its a real treat to see how you make these

2thumbs2thumbs

jeez, that pattern is perfect .... woof

WOW what a sweet looking pattern. I just got back to town and had to catch-up with the latest episodes on channel "Bruce". Now, if only a scrap of that billet could fall into the middle of my "slippie"... ;)
Thanks Bruce!
Roger

Hi Roger,
Thats a great idea. The unstretched billet is super fine and should look cool on a slip joint blade. 2thumbs

Sweeeet!

Hi Roger,
Thats a great idea. The unstretched billet is super fine and should look cool on a slip joint blade. 2thumbs

Ooh! I'm grinning and drooling at the same time.:D I'll have to fight the temptation to camp out there and watch for it to be built.

Roger

The sterling for the spacers came in yesterday. I am slotting the small plate in front of the guard. Also the engraver Ken Hurst likes the parts to be annealed so I warmed the guard and ferrel up to a blue color to even out any hard spots. Even though its only 1018 and wont harden very much, Ken can tell the differance with his engraving bits.

101_5864_edited.jpg

101_5868_edited.jpg

Bruce... that feather pattern is RIDICULOUS (in a good way):eek: 2thumbs

Really cool. I don't generally prefer damascus, but this pattern has me re-evaluating my opinion. :D

Erin

Back on the spacers today. I milled the slots in the guard plate and the spacer between the stag and the ferrel. I measured very closely and finished off the slots with a round file so they fit snug. I used a fine checkering tool on the guard plate after ovaling it.
I super glued the handle on temperarily so I can work on the pommel next. The stag at the pommel end is at a slant and needs to be corrected so gluing things together will allow me to square it up so I can screw on the pommel.

101_5869_edited.jpg

101_5872_edited.jpg

101_5874_edited.jpg

101_5875_edited.jpg

101_5879_edited.jpg

101_5880_edited.jpg

101_5882_edited.jpg

101_5884_edited.jpg

This is a fantastic project to follow, Bruce. You have a winner in this one and that feather pattern looks real nice! 2thumbs

Thanks for explaining how you made it and what new things you tried.

Craig

Bruce thanks again for the time energy to photo and post this stuff. It is going to be a big help on my projects. Just the point about leaving the tang shoulders round will save me a lot of troubles. I broke the tip off a D2 blade just yesterday driving a guard on a blank I made before I read this. Never again.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This thread is full of WIN!!!! I love the feather pattern Bowie Bruce. Lookin so nice. Homer drool all over keyboard.:eek: I just cant believe how easy you make this look. I am still learning the stock removal method.....This just shows how much further I have to go in this knife making journey of mine.

Thanks for taking the time and getting us this far Bruce. I will be checking in later for sure.

Love it,

Chris

Back