What's going on in your shop?

My titanium and stainless for liners showed up. Going to try a thin folder.

ngHKlwLh.jpg

I heat treated 4 large drop point hunters yesterday and I ground one that I had previously heat treated today. I would have liked to have done more, but it's back to work tomorrow.

YvIAdFMh.jpg

AunIST0h.jpg

Ty, that is gorgeous! Right up my alley. I love a sheepsfoot / wharncliffe blade. If it wasn't so pretty I'd say it's a heck of a good rigging knife.

Ty, that is gorgeous! Right up my alley. I love a sheepsfoot / wharncliffe blade. If it wasn't so pretty I'd say it's a heck of a good rigging knife.
Thanks for the compliment John.
It is going to be a daily user. My customer is a key grip for movie's and TV shows. He asked for a utility style knife.

Ty.......that's a beautiful design and classic workmanship. It sets a bar for me to achieve.
I like the more pointy end of the sheep's foot shape. The burl is beautiful and the mosaic pins are a fine complement.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment John.
It is going to be a daily user. My customer is a key grip for movie's and TV shows. He asked for a utility style knife.

This knife couldn't be more perfect for that. It has just enough point for those rare times you need one to pierce, in his case probably lengthwise cable stripping. Gorgeous knife all around. I can't get enough of that handle.

Unfortunately nothing knife related . hopefully I can change this soon. Great posts guys it's nice to see other people's work

As posted over in the custom forum, I just finished this one.

36146471565_ce18e1f40a_h.jpg

35331379874_d728d99fa4_h.jpg

It was a project a long time in the making... but I think that I've got a bit of my shop mojo back. Now I've returned to working on its big brother. We'll see how it turns out.
36008366586_d190c2d909_c.jpg
35962842372_0109342656_c.jpg

Erin

Thanks guys. I was doing some heat treating yesterday and it looks like I got a little air in there. Same packet with two blades. Hopefully the one isn't damaged.

WDixGt5h.jpg

It was 44F here this morning, so I took the opportunity to hit the forging shop! The outside temp ran me out about noon....but... One billet on it's way to "W" pattern started, three billets of accordion cut mosaic flattened out and ready to sell or make blades, 4 Mosaic Damascus blades forged out and in the annealing tub, and one huge billet of Celtic Knot Mosaic ready for a second 4-way. Between the heat and all the "get ready for winter" chores, it's the first time I've been in the forging shop in almost 2 months. And Yep! It was GOOOODDDD! All I can say is "COME ON WINTER!"

IMG_2687.jpg

It would take me 2 months to do that much Ed, curious what are you using the 1/2 keg for. I have a few stacked in my shop., looking for a project.

It was 44F here this morning, so I took the opportunity to hit the forging shop! The outside temp ran me out about noon....but... One billet on it's way to "W" pattern started, three billets of accordion cut mosaic flattened out and ready to sell or make blades, 4 Mosaic Damascus blades forged out and in the annealing tub, and one huge billet of Celtic Knot Mosaic ready for a second 4-way. Between the heat and all the "get ready for winter" chores, it's the first time I've been in the forging shop in almost 2 months. And Yep! It was GOOOODDDD! All I can say is "COME ON WINTER!"

IMG_2687.jpg
Only someone from Montana would look forward to winter Ed.

Back