Gadzooks! New forum software is installed

Sometimes when I click it all it does is refresh the quick reply it does not go into the normal reply page.

I changed the color and like the grey much better.

On the login problem, I noticed on the main page it does not show me logged on and it goes back to the default color but when I go to the individual forums it shows me logged on and my grey color is here.

Next time I come on I'll try to go on to the individual forums without logging in to see if I am still logged in.

Sometimes when I click it all it does is refresh the quick reply it does not go into the normal reply page.

that is how it is supposed to work. quick reply is disabled on most other forums since the vbulletin people nag you not to use it. the quick reply doesn't know which post it is replying to so the thread has a broken chain. i don't mind that. you can pull up the 'regular' reply by clicking the "+ reply to thread" button lower left instead of one of the quick replies to the lower right.

Yep that is the same I am seeing. I deleted all my cookies for knifedogs and made sure it never saw me as logged on. Then I logged on again and tried a few urls

http://www.knifedogs.com/ - Doesn't reflect that I am logged on.
http://www.knifedogs.com/content.php - Doesn't reflect that I am logged on.
http://knifedogs.com/ - Does show logged on.
http://knifedogs.com/content.php - Does show logged on.
http://knifedogs.com/forum.php - Does show logged on.

For some reason having the www before the knifedogs stuffs things up.

Alistair

smilies have all been nuked and updated.
every switch under the hood has been checked and every tweak we worked in on the last version is in place. all messages, "new" searches, replies, etc all act just like before. If you are experiencing something different in 'how it used to work', it is possible it is not acting like it did in version 3.8x but I can't see anything under the hood or up front that is different.

Sign on issues are a pox on the forums. When I operated a bbs back in '92-94 they were a problem then. It's not much better today. If anything it is worse. With all the browsers out there, security settings, auto fill, password keepers and anti virus combination's it is almost certainly a sign on problem that is not on this end of the wire. You should know that all the hype and cult like following around Firefox isn't always deserved. If some one has a problem signing on, it usually a Firefox browser. I prefer it and use it on every computer myself but it does have it's own issues.

I will work on getting the header updated to Knifedogs and then we will let things rest and shake out. There are a couple of other significant new features we haven't done anything with yet and won't for a bit.

KnifeDogs 4.0
woof

Just to let you know I have just tried it on my mac using Safari. I am getting the same results. Anything with www.knifedogs.com shows me the enter username & password. Anything that is just knifedogs.com shows me as logged on.

Alistair

Well, I tried every color and they're too flamboyant for me. Dont you have just plain old Amber Stag color? hehe

Just to let you know I have just tried it on my mac using Safari. I am getting the same results. Anything with www.knifedogs.com shows me the enter username & password. Anything that is just knifedogs.com shows me as logged on.

Alistair

THAT is a good bit of information and goes a long way to solving some of this. Nice one Alistair...

Boss, the spell checker is on the reply section. It is ABC with a green check mark. When I click on it it says that it is an Internet Exploder tool. aerrygb
It seemed to work correctly until I put in the gobbledygook. Since this is a Internet Exploder tool I suspect that it is not the V Bulletin issue but it did work before the change.
As to the smiles: I miss the laughing dog.

Boss, The Reply button that does not work for me is the + reply to thread on the bottom left.

I can get it to work sometimes if I click it fast about 5 times:les:

It made everything slow for me. Seems like it takes twice as long for the pages to load and when you post a reply, it takes a bout a minuten (60sec) to load up.

Can't say I like it either but I doubt it will change anything. It's hard to look at on anything other than the black background, havent loged on with my phone yet and doubt I will. How about a little warning next time boss.

That's the way I have mine saved. As it turns out when I logged on this morning it said I wasn't on the main page but when I clicked on this forum I am still logged in. For some reason the main forum page is the only one that shows me not logged in.

The Reply to Thread does not work for me either, the only way I can reply is to use the Quick Reply.

Keep in mind that most if us whose first opinion was, "What the heck happened? I liked things the way they were!!!" are just in shock due to the comfort zone we had with the old software. We will all adapt and overcome the changes for the overall good. When I first sen the update, I didn't like it either. I'll adapt. I must agree with Steve, the "Night Vision" skin is awesome!!!

Murph has it exactly right, in a few months you'll forget about the differences and you'll be moving smoothly around the new forum.

Change, and learning, is uncomfortable, and takes time and effort, but is necessary to advance.
I hate it too. :sad:

This version is a bit slower, especially in searches. We also have a much higher number of people (and search engines) logged on at once now. 6 months ago we may have had 150 members and guests, we now have 300 or more and that number keeps growing. I'll look into stepping up our server performance.
The + Reply to Thread works for me. Not sure what that is about.

Back