Knives for Servicemen-Maker input wanted

I didn't realize we were putting this to a vote yet. Why don't we take the designs and start a new thread and run a Poll for a few days. What do you think Justin?

Suits me. I was also thinking about editing the first post of this thread to include a running list of everyone who has volunteered or contributed so far. Aldo and Dave deserve a big mention and not everyone will read 9 pages back to see it. If you want to do the poll thread, I will compile a list of the participants/volunteers and put that up. I have never done a poll thread but if you don't have time I will blunder my way around until I figure it out.

I think Murph has a design with nice flow to it and the blade width and style is open to tweeks by individual makers. I'm not a "tactical" guy but that's my 2 pennies worth. I may be tempted to grind one out.

Rudy

I agree, I am still not sure what my vote will be. There are a few designs here that I really like, Murph's is one of them.

Heck, I've never done one either. I guess that since I'm supposed to know how to do these things (being a Mod and all), I'll give it a shot. Let me go back and save copies of all of the designs and I'll try to get one started.

Hello, I have been watching this post for a few days now. I want to get in on this 4sure! This is a great way to help out or troops.

I just started doing a design we call Black Hawk.. Its a 8 1/4 inch OAL fixed. that might be good for these guys. I do it with a convex grind. but it could be done as a hollow grind for sure.. It also allows for the addition of a secondary edge depending on how ya want to grind it!

If/when we get everything figured out.. I can make a few knives no matter what design we go with. I want to make a couple. heck I can a small batch of them!
Will Someone please give me a shout when its time to start throwing sparks! IM READY!

God bless you all..
Randy

Murph, Heres a sketch of the Black Hawk.. per your request.

Attachments

• Black Hawk Design By HHH Knives.jpg
    Black Hawk Design By HHH Knives.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hey Randy that Black Hawk is a nice lookin' knife, wouldn't mind having one of those myself
Bruce

Wow Ironwolf! You came up with some pretty cool designs. Like the Tac-Muk and Lil Pak Rat.

Back