Shoot Your Dog

Lagrange

As some of you may know, I am currently unemployed and have been for more than a year, and have applied for disability. I wont go into that. My wife recently got a job as a security guard and that helps, but doesnt bring in a whole lot of money.
My daughter who works as a dog groomer has helped us out and has been a wonderful supporter of my knife making.
She told me that there are tons of people who need someone to take care of their dogs for them while they are away from home, and that I should look into boarding dogs to make a little money.

Well, she was right. There are a lot of people who need someone to look after their loved ones while they are away. Some people take vacations, others are out of town for a couple of days, and still others are looking at extended hospital visits where they need someone to take care of their pet for them.

I got started taking care of dogs last year. I have the space and a large fenced in back yard, so it made sense to give this a shot.
At any rate, this morning I am sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee and catching up on the news when little miss Pixie starts crying for my attention. She has been with me a few days and follows me everywhere I go. She is full grown, but I dont know exactly what breed she is. Her mommy is having surgery and will be back in a couple of weeks after she recovers.
She is a real cutie and I thought I would share this picture of her asking me to hold her.
They arent all as cute and cuddly as she is, but I love dogs, and it has been an interesting ride.

So grab your camera and shoot your dog! I wanna see your little guy or girl. (okay they arent always small either)
Post 'em up guys!

Ladies and gentlemen....Miss Pixie...

Pixie.jpg

For size reference...that is the tip of my shoe in the bottom of the picture.

Here is my dog Jasper with my father inlaw. He is a 9 month old Shiba Inu / American Eskimo dog mix.

Attachments

• IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Isnt it interesting how friendly dogs get at meal time...? I always thought it was because they liked me.

image.jpg

Just got another dog myself, he was a stray that turned himself into animal control and then I bailed him out! He lives on a steady diet of border collies... :)

Had to look at the tittle twice because as we all love our pets but, their are times when I could shoot them! LOL. NOT REALLy!

We lost two big standard poodles about three and half years ago. The one was 16 years of age and had gotten arthritis so bad she had to be carried out to use the bathroom and I finally just couldn't bear to watch her in pain anymore and had to have her put down. The other was only 3 years old and had been having seizures since he about a year old. After the old lady had to be put down it seemed to affect him and his last week alive he had at least one and sometimes as high as three seizures a day. I had carried him to the vet earlier that day and they were doing blood tests and were waiting on the results to determine how to change his meds. He suffered a massive seizure that night and never recovered. My wife and I stayed by his side all night and he had to be put down the next morning!

My wife got sick with an incurable disease and after that she kept talking about another dog. I just couldn't do it. She asked if I minded if she got a dog and I told her no I didn't mind, go ahead! she got a small poodle this time and it has been her heart! Poodles will usually choose their own master in a family. The 16 year old was my wife's dog but after I had back surgery and would be sitting in my recliner she would come and stand by my chair and look at you, as too say I know your having a bad day just pet me and you will feel better and I would and I usually did feel better. So both of us had a close relationship with her!

The three year old was suppose to be my wife's dog also. However he seemed to pick me as his master. I lovingly always said he might not be the brightest bulb in the pack but he had the most heart. After he started having seizures he would come hunt me if he was about to have one. I had seen him enough times and took care of during and after the seizures that I usually could recognize he was about to have one. I would hear him in the middle of the night and get up with him!

Anyway back to today this is my wife's little heart and she has definitely picked my wife as her master. She was rescued from a breeders kennel and some man had been mean to her. We have had here now a little over three years and she still just finally began to love me. However if her Mamma is around I am still chopped liver!

As you can tell she is not fond of the camera and after I took that pic with my hand under her chin. I told my wife the look on her face says it all, "if you want that hand, remove it from my chin, NOW"! :31:

IMG_2133_zps1fae08af.jpg

IMG_2112_zpsbf6fc173.jpg

Finally about six months ago I decided it was time I needed a new dog. So I rescued this one from the local animal shelter. I saw his picture in their on-line site an his eyes seemed to talk to me. All they could tell me was he was put in the drop box one night as a puppy and someone had came by about an hour later and dropped off two weenier dogs. Since they were getting along well and for lack of space they had all three in together. This is him as a pup, he is a chocolate lab mix. As he grew he out grew the characteristics of the lab side a bit!

Boo.jpg

He now looks a lot like he might be mixed with an Akita. The way his carries his tail and the ears are all wrong for a lab. I always tell him, his Mamma was a Lab and his Daddy was an Akita and their was a goat mixed in their somewhere. LOL He will pick up leaves, sticks, anything he can get his mouth on and you have to go in and get it. The other day I was walking him and I was sure he had picked up something. His name is Boo, (by the way I think Boo is short for Boo-Boo or not so smart) :les:.
I told him to spit out what he had picked up and he looks at me like "who me". I pried open his mouth and there is a 3" stick about a 1/2" in diameter. Like that is gonna pass if you swallow it. So he can be a handful and he is strong as an Ox but only brave as a Mountain Lion till some-one stomps their foot! Then he runs around behind me!:what!:

This is Boo about two months ago and none of them show how he carries his tail like an Akita ( it is usually in a tight curl over his back) or the fact that is now about nine months old and weighs about 65 pounds but I guess I need to take a couple of current ones as he has changed quite a bit in the past few months!

Boo001_zps1039bef3.jpg

Boo002_zps691ca721.jpg

So these are the pics of our current dogs. I like to say they wrap themselves around your heart, and they usually make your feel better for having done it!

Last edited:
These are my two girls. Baylee and Codie . They are the BEST !! Love them to death !!!!!!!!

Baylee turned 2 years old ( Feb 28th

Codie will be 6 in May

Mutts, strays and purebreds... had 'em all. Casper was adopted in June of 2007 and now is the steady companion of my gf's little 10 lb pomeranian Pippa who has been with me for a number of months now. Just had my next door neighbor do some 'baby' sitting while we went out to PA for 3 days. Never fails... the 2 dogs go crazy when we reappear on the scene. We have taken a few trips of almost a week with the 2 critters and they seemed to enjoy it. :3: Good going with the boarding of the furry ones, Mr. LaGrange. :35:

groomed1.jpg

Miss Pippa...
003-10.jpg

My grand dog.

I don't have a dog so I'll show y'all one of my grand dogs.
NIKO,rescued from the animal shelter.

Here is a Pic of Scruffy.
My wife and I adopted him on a Saturday about two years now when I was going to have to take my Airdale & Otter Hound mix to the vet for the last visit. Suki The Airdale mix " I called her a "Irish Terrorist" was over 16 years old and in a lot of pain it was her time.

We stopped at a Adoption fair, Just to look of course! and Scruffy was running around & playing with the other little ones in the pen and having a great time, but wasn't barking! So I asked if he would like to interview for a Job and home as a knife shop/Store doggie? He would be in charge of security!

He weights 11 pounds and for some reason the customers just laugh when I say not to make any sudden moves or they may be eaten!

Here he is in his basket behind the counter at the store.

DSCN1286.jpg

He is ferocious!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Well, everyone sees Moe everytime they look at one of my posts, or my web-site, view the DVD "Build Moe's Grinder" or see me at a conference or meeting (I have T-shirts with Moe printed on them). Here he is again.

DSC00166.jpg
My Best Friend, Titan, 180 lbs of solid love. He's taught me a lot. Animals in general are truly under-estimated. They are a lot smarter than many people give them credit for. I'm going to cry my heart out when he goes, but I can't see myself without another one.

Our latest dog came from a rescue home for unwanted dogs.

Curly
Curly001_zps5e0e364a.jpg

He is a border collie crossed with something. :5:

Back