Simple sheath build along

I draw a very faint line on the border at 3/8 inch.

34-E2591-C-5-DDA-4134-A95-A-F94-FAA4-D2-AFA.jpg

You can play around with spacing the holes closely or further away. I am going to stick with the 3/8 inch with a 3/16 inch hole. But, I place the hole closest to the top of the sheath tighter to the top so it gets a secure closure on the last braid. Then just follow the line down flipping the wing divider and making a mark.

C30-DFC7-F-F503-4855-BD66-302-AC04-E239-B.jpg

I have an admission. This leather was stiff. It is old and a bit dried out. When I punched the last hole, it stretched and split the leather at the tip. Dagnabbit!!!

346719-C1-F653-4-C1-E-927-D-F7808-DC66-CC0.jpg

Thanks Dennis! When you come back tomorrow, can you maybe expand on your satin shene method a little? Did you just put a little in the tube and roll the sheath around in it?

Thanks Dennis! When you come back tomorrow, can you maybe expand on your satin shene method a little? Did you just put a little in the tube and roll the sheath around in it?

Tim - I put about 1/2 cup in the tube, I fill up the inside of the sheath, I seal up the end of the tube, I agitate (roll it around getting into all the nooks and crannies) the tube until the sheath is saturated with the satin shene. Pull it out and let it dry overnight.

I have already cut the lace. One end is straight and flat. One end is twisted and squirrelly. I will pull the twisted end. The reason, when I finish I plan on cutting it off and it will not be a part of the braid.

18-E71-BA0-F95-A-4381-AACD-0-E5-BB131-D509.jpg

Starting on the backside (belt loop) pull the lace through hole 1 to the front side. Leave around 15 inches of overhang. This gets used later to finish the top portion of the sheath braiding. This was the good side of the lace. I start at the top of the sheath and work down.

39-A3-A855-EEC9-4596-BC47-133-F8-BBFE3-A7.jpg

Back