Show your swords!!!

Hey Bruce, I was watching Pawn Stars some time back and they had an old English Coach Gun with a spring loaded spike bayonet. That seems like something that would fit nicely into your future projects list.

my filipino swords

hi , these are my swords . these are filipino. the strait slim sword is a pinute and the bigger "S" shaped one is a Panabas. the pinute is very fast and light and cuts like a 2 foot long rasor blade. I it will slice through a 2 liter bottle of water like cutting air
The panabas is alot heavier and cuts like an axe or broad sword. it will slice through a 3 in cardboard roll like it was butter. Gary
IMG_0069.JPG

Last edited:
my filipino swords

View attachment 8293hi , these are my swords . these are filipino. the strait slim sword is a pinute and the bigger "S" shaped one is a Panabas. the pinute is very fast and light and cuts like a 2 foot long rasor blade. I it will slice through a 2 liter bottle of water like cutting air
The panabas is alot heavier and cuts like an axe or broad sword. it will slice through a 3 in cardboard roll like it was butter. Gary

Appleby do you have any idea of the history behind the pair of swords in the last picture on the right? My twin brother and I got a pair like them in the late 50's. Still have them. I always thought that they were made out of a bayonet blade. Mine has "Made in Spain" on it, so I figured that they were souvenirs or something like it. Any ideas?

Here are a few more of my swords. They are all kind of old and beat up.

The top one, I believe is a 1922 British. It is etched "Prince of Wales own Royal Hussars"

The next two are 1906 US

The last two are British police swords.

386367002.jpg

The 1922 is by far my favorite. It is light, fast and well balanced with the last foot, near the point, sharp. The 1906's are very blade heavy, which I guess is by design.

My tempered, 1095 carbon steel, "battle ready" Captain's Hanger Sword and Pirate Cutlass, both made by Windlass Swords.

Attachments

• pic 87.jpg
    pic 87.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 43
  • user25083_pic1678_1265597628.jpg
    user25083_pic1678_1265597628.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 45
Thought I would start a picture thread here. I don't own any swords, nor have I built any (YET). But I love seeing everyone elses.

So show us your steel!!!

This is my first samurai sword. I bought it a long time ago...a

Kogane_Dynasty_Forged_Katana_Damascus-UC2580.jpg

Kogane is Gold in Japanese. This unique series offers a hardwood handle with black ray skin and black leather wrap accenting the brass menuki and custom designed brass plated guard and collar. The traditional blade is equipped with a heavy blood groove and Kanji Chisel (translates to United Strong Steel). The hardwood blade sheath is accented with nylon cord wrap and custom knotted rope. 42 1/8" overall. 30 3/8" blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this for japanese only

is this japainese only

these are from the philippines the top one is a wwII punite the next is an other punite, a ginunting and a panabas. these are from the visayan area of the philipinnese
IMG_1195.jpg

Last edited:
mr.mathsr. I haven't been to this sight for a long time ,health reasons. yes there are a lot of wallhanger philippine swords and knives around. most of the ones brought back from wwII fall in to that catagory. in the photo above. the top sword is a war bringback i have tested the blade and it is about 55 rc about right for a machett or slashing sword. the other 3 were made by a smith named Jun Silva in cebu city and are very real. you have to be extra careful mess with swords of any kind. i my self was taken on a katana that turned out to be made in inda. thanks gary miller
PS. to everyone thanks for posting your swords they are all wonderful

Last edited:
Here are a few of mine . The Daisho set is antique Nihonto . Most of these blades are Japanese except a few .... Bubba-san

Attachments

• My swords 001.JPG
    My swords 001.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 28
  • My swords 002.JPG
    My swords 002.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 32
  • My swords 003.JPG
    My swords 003.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 25
  • My swords 004.JPG
    My swords 004.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 28
  • My swords 007.JPG
    My swords 007.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 24
couple more .....

Attachments

• my swords 006.JPG
    my swords 006.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 24
  • my swords 008.JPG
    my swords 008.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 18
  • tanto with horimono 003.jpg
    tanto with horimono 003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
Well, this definitely isn't nihonto, but it's a fun and inexpensive lil' kokat I just picked up:

IM000913.jpg

Ronin Ko Katana

I did a full review of it over at SBG. ;)

Last edited:
Here Is a new addition to my Nihonto Collection. Sword Is By Jiro taro Naokatsu rated 60 by Hawleys . Needs some minor repairs , other than
those little problems it is in fine shape . Bubba

Attachments

• DSCN0874.jpg
    DSCN0874.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0586.jpg
    DSCN0586.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0868.jpg
    DSCN0868.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: