The No Rules Bowie

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
The No Rules Bowie (new pics added)

This is the last bowie I've made. I call it the No Rules Bowie because it doesn't follow any other bowie that I'm aware of in construction, size, sheath, guard ect.
The blade is double mosaic and measures 16" long the entire knife is close to 21" long. The frame is forged from 416 stainless steel as is the double guard and bolsters.
The guard swivels back to get narrow enough to fit into the Claude Scott custom sheath. (actually the sheath is fiber glass and Claude made the cover and liner for it. Look at the tooling on this sheath! Anyway the top guard has a notch filed into it and locks onto a steel pin inside the sheath. Simply use the right thumb to depress the top guard to unlock and withdraw the knife. The guards are both spring loaded with switch blade springs and snap quickly into place again.
It was a pain in the arse to make and I thought about calling it the "Never Again Bowie"

Thanks for looking.

IMG_4099_zpsddb16c4d.jpg

IMG_4100_zpscfcc32ad.jpg

IMG_4101_zps664ca394.jpg

IMG_4100_zps6b0d1da6.jpg

IMG_4102_zps4af409e2.jpg

IMG_4103_zps59be22af.jpg

IMG_4104_zpsb5e5c4a8.jpg

IMG_4106_zps18396e10.jpg

IMG_4141_zps0ca4db73.jpg

IMG_4142_zps216e4532.jpg

Last edited:
Bruce,
I think you have made the first Arabian Scimitar meets the American Bowie knife in history! The spring loaded guard is over the top!

WOW!!!

The design and attention to fine detail is over the top. Visual balance of the piece is only exceeded by the overall quality of the knife. The sheath is the icing on the package.

By now you must have guessed I really like this one. Bruce it is exquisite!

Bruce,
What comes after MS???????? Whatever it is you are already there. Beautiful work and a great big WOW for being able to bring imagination to reality.
Great looking sheath, too.

Wade

Bruce,
And they say that everything in Knifemaking has already been done. HA! They that said that didn't know about Bruce Bump!
This is an amazing piece,I don't have the vocabulary to describe what this evokes in me but it is all good.
Well done Bruce!

Wow!wow!wow!wow!wow!Wow!!!!!!! :yes::thumbup1::clap::clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::s11798::s11798::s11798::s11798:

ok now i need at least a half hour to digest what i see !!!!!!!!!! man your skill is outrageous!!!!!!!!!

Back